The Library is open with full service!
The Andrew Carnegie Free Library has been serving Carnegie and surrounding communities since Andrew Carnegie founded and endowed the institution in 1901. Today, we are committed to providing warm, customer-focused library services – both traditional and digital – to all in our community.
September is Love Your Library month
All gifts to the library during September will be matched up to $500 through the generosity of the Jack Buncher Foundation. Thanks to you, the library can be responsive and adaptive in a time of uncertainty and upheaval. We love our community, and we will continue finding new ways to meet Carnegie’s information needs in our building and remotely.
You may donate in person or on line using the DONATE button to the right. When donating online, be sure to write “Love your Library” in the notation.
- Any amount: “Love Your Library” pin
- $5+: Sarris chocolate bar
- $20+: “The Pint-Sized Songstress Returns,” a CD recorded in our own Music Hall by acclaimed jazz & blues vocalist Jessica Lee
- Varying amounts: Adopt a magazine subscription! A full list of titles and prices is available at our checkout desk.
- $75+: Two tickets to Jessica Lee’s October 3 concert plus a copy of The Pint Sized Songstress Returns
- $200+: This beautiful handmade glass serving tray, created by one of our own staff members
- The Library is open with full service during our standard hours. The first hour of each day is reserved for elderly, immunocompromised, and other vulnerable patrons.
- Please wear a mask! If you don’t have a mask, we’re happy to provide one.
- Please physically distance! Leave at least six feet of space between you and others whenever possible.
- We are under a limited capacity order. If we reach our capacity, you may need to wait for a patron to leave before you may enter.
- Curbside pickup is still available if you prefer not to enter the building. Call or email us to schedule a pickup time. Check out our curbside video!
- Need to print or fax? Email us your file to print, and we’ll contact you to schedule a pickup time. Or call us to schedule an appointment to drop off your fax.