The COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation. We will keep
this page updated as new information becomes available.
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Am I at high risk?
- How to protect yourself and others
- What to do if you think you are sick
Reliable COVID-19 Information
- Allegheny County Health Department: Call the hotline at 888-856-2774.
- ACHD Rumor Control
- PA Southwest 2-1-1
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
Local test sites
- Central Outreach Wellness Center sites
- COVID-19 Testing is available for those who present symptoms (dry cough/fever/shortness of breath). Please bring your photo ID and insurance card. We are not turning anyone away that does not have insurance.
Do you need food?
- Allegheny County food assistance programs
- Free Food and Resource Distribution Sites in Allegheny County
- Bagged lunches and bagged breakfasts are available for all children ages 18 and younger on weekdays from 10 to 11 am at Carnegie Elementary School and the Carnegie Borough Building; from 11 am to 12 pm at Crafton Elementary School; and from 12 pm to 1 pm at St. John Lutheran Church.
- St. John Lutheran Church will also make available bags of groceries for families of children to support them over the weekend. Grocery bags will be available to families of children who are receiving a meal at the Friday pickup only.
- The Sheetz near the Robinson Mall is offering free meals for kids while supplies last. Call ahead: 412-787-1190.
Do you need internet access?
- The library’s WiFi network is still turned on and accessible on the building grounds.
- Map of free Comcast WiFi hotspots
- Map of free Charter WiFi hotspots
Have you been laid off or lost work hours?
- How to apply for state unemployment benefits
- Frequently Asked Questions about state unemployment
- Frequently Asked Questions about the CARES Act unemployment expansion
Do you need to talk to someone?
Are you experiencing domestic violence?
- Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office
- Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh: Call the toll-free hotline at 877-338-8255
- Crisis Center North: Call the toll-free hotline at 866-782-0911
- Alle-Kiski Area HOPE Center: Call the toll-free hotline at 888-299-4673
- Womansplace: Call the toll-free hotline at 866-202-5573