The Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall welcomes kids of all ages and their caregivers to our Library. Children are encouraged to learn, read, imagine and play in our Library space.
All of our Storytimes now take place in the Lincoln Gallery on Floor 2!
- Monday Lunch & Learn Storytime: Mondays at 1PM with Miss Kim
- Arabic/English Bilingual Storytime: Fourth Mondays at 5:30 PM with Miss Sam and Rema Abdin. Watch via Facebook Live!
- Baby & Toddler Storytime: Tuesdays at 10:30 AM with Miss Sam
- Wednesday Preschool Storytime: Wednesdays at 11:30 AM with Miss Sam
- Thursday Preschool Storytime: Thursdays at 11:30 AM with Miss Kathy
- Baby & Toddler Storytime: Fridays at 10:30 AM with Miss Sam
- Saturday Storytime: Saturdays at 11:30 AM with Miss Kathy
Arabic/English Bilingual Storytime
ةيزيلجنإلاو ةيبرعلا نيتغللبا ةصقلا تقو
Explore world languages and cultures! Join Rema Abdin of the Attawheed Islamic Center and Miss Sam of Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall for our monthly Arabic/English Bilingual Storytime! Hear stories and songs in both Arabic and English, and learn more about your neighbors. Intended for ages 4-8.
When: Fourth Monday of each month, 5:30 PM.
Where: Watch live on Facebook here!
Arabic and Bilingual Books for Kids
Did you know that the Library has over forty children’s books written in Arabic or both Arabic and English?
Carnegie Museums Family Access Membership
If your family is eligible for public assistance, you can get a $20 Family Access Membership to the Carnegie Museums, including free admission to the Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Carnegie Science Center, and The Andy Warhol Museum!
Best Books for Babies
An annual list compiled by panel of Pittsburgh-area librarians and child development experts of the best books for kids from birth to 18 months old.
Fun games and activities featuring your favorite PBS characters!
Explore Kidsburgh! You’ll find a great calendar of kid-friendly events around Pittsburgh, a directory of child-serving organizations, and plenty of parenting resources about creative learning and health.
Building Your Family’s Home Library
Looking for your kid’s next favorite book? Check out these recommended book lists by age!
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
It’s never too early to begin reading with your child! Learn more about the importance of reading and see if together you can meet the challenge of reading 1,000 books before Kindergarten!