Summer Reading starts June 14!
Log your reading from June 14-August 7 with the free Beanstack app! If you’re new to Beanstack, sign up here. Search for “Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh” as your library, and choose “Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall” as your location. Be sure to select the Challenge called “Summer Reading 2021.” If you need help, give us a call at 412-276-3456!
Plus, sign up to read to a dog at the Library! Virginia “Ginny” Woof will visit us each Wednesday from 1:00-2:00 PM. Sign up for a reading slot at the Library, or call 412-276-3456.
Earn up to ten brag tags for participating in Summer Reading! You’ll get one when you sign up; one for each of the eight weeks that you log reading in Beanstack and/or attend a Library program/storytime; and one when you complete the program!
Join us for storytime each week!
- Mondays at 7:00 PM: Virtual Family Storytime. Watch via Facebook Live!
- Tuesdays at 10:30 AM: Baby & Toddler Storytime, live in the Library!
- Wednesdays at 3:00 PM: Folktale Storytime, live in the Library! Explore folktales from around the world!
- Week 1 (June 14): Japan
- Week 2 (June 21): Cuba
- Week 3 (June 28): Australia
- Week 4 (July 5): Denmark
- Week 5 (July 12): Mexico
- Week 6 (July 19): Canada
- Week 7 (July 26): Kenya
- Week 8 (August 2): Philippines
- Thursdays at 11:30 AM: Preschool Storytime, live in the Library!
- Fourth Fridays at 4:00 PM: Virtual English/Arabic Bilingual Storytime, with Rema Abdin of the Attawheed Islamic Center!
Join us for Lego Club, every Tuesday from 1:00-2:00 PM at the Library!
Don’t miss these special family programs!
- Saturday, June 19: Origami
- Saturday, July 3: Tie Dye
- Saturday, July 27: Clay pots
- Saturday, July 31: Mancala
Check out the Allegheny County Library Association’s virtual learning programs for more activities, challenges, and resources!